Tuesday, April 19, 2011

give it away

An artist friend contacted me about victorious for elizabeth asking me to donate a piece of art for the auction fundraiser.
The front with the frame
What I found funny is, I also wanted to work on the grow project 2. The challenge was to make something and give it to someone else. 
Here's the back of the piece. The quote is taken from my butterfly inspiration.
Click on the purple link to see what my friend Sarah  created.
Basically I did both projects with one piece.

I can't decide if I like it better with or without the frame.

I remember reading in Anthony Kiedis' book about the inspiration for the song "Give It Away" . It was from a woman who gave him an article of clothing she loved. I believe it was her favorite jacket. 
Red Hot Chili Peppers photo source
 She showed him her closet and let him choose whatever he wanted. Her belief was something along the lines of, if it gave her joy, than imagine the joy it would bring to someone else, by giving it away. This is what she did with special things of hers. She gave them away to many people. Like she was spreading her love around. I'm paraphrasing, but I hope I'm not messing up the context. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh that's beautiful Teddy! I'm so happy you played along again, I love your art.

    P.S. RHCP story? AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the beautiful painting and poem that is inscribed on the back! I've been blown away at the amazing generosity of the crafting community. Thank you so much for helping Elizabeth!

    http://helpelizabeth.net

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words