Wednesday, April 27, 2011

hand-painted accessories


Yesterday I was looking at Sea of Shoes. One of the shoes she showed, reminded me of hand-painted accessories.



My purse I hand-painted about 4 years ago, that many of you have seen, a million times before. 


My shoes I hand-painted a few weeks ago.
I don't think they're done yet, but I'm still wearing them.
I only painted the soles. The graphics came on the shoes when I bought them.
Anuschaka Hand-Painted
photo source
by Alisa Burke
photo source
photo source
by Alisa Burke


Sea of Shoes inspiration

by Alisa Burke



by Alisa Burke

Doesn't it make you just want to go to the thrift store, and buy some accessories to paint?

9 comments:

  1. Yes it does! I love all that painted stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder can you help me I have to make a pink halston heritage dress for a friend -she tried it on in dublin but she;s useless at the description-grecian style one shoulder-which is rather vague and was wondering have you seen it or have any idea Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. takes me back to my converse days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, it does indeed! I've always wanted to paint my Converse shoes but was scared it would leak onto my socks in the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Teddi. ;-) Normally going to grad school isn't a question for me, but every now and then when I am swamped in work I do second-guess my big ambitions! I love the shoes in this post. Second hand shopping is my biggest love. How are you doing? Also, I just noticed in your "about me" section thing that you are a vegetarian. This is something I have really been considering lately, especially after reading an article about how beef contributes to global warming. I was wondering, what was it like for you giving up meat? Did you give things up slowly or just go cold turkey? (no punt intended) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the colors, the paint makes the pieces xoxo
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cool! these are great. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words