Tuesday, April 19, 2011

pictures of me

  How totally egotistical does this seem? I'm trying to show some different poses or something. It's been a whole month since the last time.
wearing my guitar rockfest t shirt you've seen a million times
 I had a friend who told me that she knew I didn't like pink. I was like, huh, what? She must've been confusing me with the teenager I mentored last year. 
another sunny day in Texas
 She must've been thinking of herself. This friend who told me when she was little, she was a tomboy that liked to climb trees. She used to chop the heads off her Barbies. The only thing I ever chopped as a child, was my bangs or my dolly's hair.
Why do I look like a monkey arm pit pose?
 
I liked to wear frilly dresses that flared when I spun around. My whole bedroom was baby pink, from various rosebud wallpaper to the painted wall, the pink & white gingham bedspread, lacy pillows, & curtains my mother sewed for me.
trying to balance, (ha!)

When I saw this skirt I'm wearing in these photos, it actually made me think of my childhood bedroom. My best friend and I would love to play pretend, house, or school. We'd listen, sing, and dance to my clock radio.
Here's an example of bad hair.
 When I was alone in my bedroom, I would listen to Disney stories where "You'll know when it is time to turn the page, when you the chimes ring like this." I'd like to dress up my dolls, put them in their cradle, or basket, or comb their hair.
looks like I'm doing the potty dance

I'd sit at my white vanity or play set kitchenette. My mom told me when I was little I had an imaginary friend. When alone, I remember acting out stories like "The Little Red Hen." I'd pretend this rabbit family lived in the holes that were dug in the yard for fence posts. 
totally cheesy dork, but you can see the front of purse
  When I was in 6th grade I wanted to grow up and be a wardrobe lady. We call them stylists now. The boys in my class told so and so she needed some style like me. So, so and so pretended to be my friend, using me to teach her how to dress. I didn't find out until later, after I moved, she said bad things about me behind my back.
I really do love this skirt that I bought at the thrift store for $1.00.
I'm not bitter. I bet so and so is still in that little rinky dink town I only spent two years of my life in. I think someone told me she got pregnant as a teen. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It just wasn't right for me.  
there's no wind machine here
  But more than that, I have a sneaking suspicion that so and so still probably doesn't have any style of her own, or know how to dress. She's probably still wearing one of those hairdos like I saw on those two ladies at the arts festival.   ;)
I like the poses when you I'm turning away best

When I graduated from high school, I worked at two different clothing stores. I was in college. I had fun with clothing displays, and helping people choose outfits. But it didn't feel like enough.
notice the blue water bottle on the ground
 I would light up whenever children walked in. There was this boy, who's mom worked at the laundromat. It was next to the store I worked at. He would come into the store & we would play, while I worked. I wonder whatever happened to him. I can still remember his name. I bet he's all grown up now.

 Is it me or do I look like a grumpalufagus?
I guess my true friend forgot about my bedroom in my old house. The house where I watched her son, or the Easter we all spent together. That was my favorite room in my old house. 

You can't tell I'm wearing peace earrings, but I am.
 Someone once told me it looked like a doll's house. My guy and I stenciled pink roses with blue painted ribbon and gold flourishes on the walls. I had angel pictures my brother, mother, and others gave me. And just like now, there were butterflies.
baby pink fishnets
 We had a pink comforter with roses and matching bed skirt. We had lace curtains that were under the wood valance my guy made.

back of purse I've had for ions

 We had the same Oak bedroom set we have now. The same white lamp with fringe my brother gave me. 
gold chipped nail polish & left arm bracelet
 The same blue bear with pink roses that sits on my bed. The same crazy quilt material and ribbon pillow my mom made.

gold chipped nail polish & right arm bracelet
  The same blue afghan my mom crocheted. I guess my friend forgot all that, but I'm reminding her now.
blurry girl
I have a section in my closet devoted to the color pink. Although I did notice, I am lacking, in the pink nail polish color variety scheme.

last photo hooray
 When I was a little girl, my favorite color was pink. No it isn't any longer.   Now my favorite color is blue.

9 comments:

  1. I think all little girls love pink!!! and I also want to be a wardrobe lady. I love your frilly skirt, it moves beautifully and you look gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute, love the skirt, it looks very fetching on you. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute are you!
    love this. and the stories you tell. i think we would have gotten along swimmingly as kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair. Loads. Also like your purse cuz it appears to have my fave colour of the moment - coral! Woo I love the bottom fuzzy picture. Very artsy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skirt and I adore this post. It's so personal. It's such a perfect glimpse into someone else's life. You write very well and the photos are so cute and lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Girl, I love these pics of you!!! Such a hot little momma!! I'm still in love with pink...it's always been my fav color ;P Your outfit rocks...love the purse and boots...always a stylin girlie :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so gorgeous! beautiful flowy skirt. and your nail color--- so en vogue! fun outfit :) <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look very "Rock Chick"!!

    Pink is my favourite colour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rock...the hair, the purse, the skirt, the boots, the old t-shirt, etc! My favorite color is green, but not just *any* green. I love kelly green, like the one Kate Spade uses a lot. I have some Kate Spade sunglasses and the case they came with is the PERFECT green. Also, the accent walls in my apartment are kelly green.

    Blue is nice, too. What kind of blue do you love? :)

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words