Tuesday, July 15, 2008

the orchid


Today I bought this new orchid. I keep saying people are friendly here because it keeps being true. I asked the lady at the store about the plant, and she described how to take care of it. She helped me choose the best one.

Then I'm walking to my car and a different lady in the parking lot asked, "You aren't from here are you?" (Is it that obvious?) She said it was the license plates. She asks me about where I'm from, and what is Utah like. I told her it's pretty there and the heat is dry, but people are nice here. She said I know, and we said good-bye.

I just wish I knew where I was going. I am so lost here. It's not Utah I miss. I keep thinking of my favorite Pink Floyd song "Wish You Were Here." I just wish everyone I cared about was here, but in some kind of weird way you sort of are.


Can you see the orchid has lots of blooms on it? The cashier even noticed and mentioned that the flowers will last a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words