Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fancy Italian Restaurant











While in Austin, we went looking for a place to eat. We walked until we found this Italian restaurant. I was underdressed in my tank top and shorts. They had someone different to seat us, someone else to fill the water glasses, someone else to bring the bread, our server, an accordian player... They spoke Spanish to each other, and I started thinking in my Spanglish way.

I told John I would have felt more comfortable working in the kitchen with them. Than being waited on. The food wasn't worth the money. The dessert cart looked impressive. The doughnut hole sized baked Italian chocolate cakes with whipped cream filling were delicious. All the rest just isn't my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words