Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Architect I Am Not



When I saw this building,


I knew I wanted to take photos of it.


I had been looking for 
Interesting Architecture for the 30 Days of Lovely Photo Challenge.




Later, I remembered why we bought our house, because of the architecture.
 


Ceiling in the kitchen,



I wanted to get a photo of
the kitchen window seat,
 but now I see,
the table is in the way.


Windows in the living room.


Living room ceiling and window.


Art/music room ceiling.

I store my acoustic guitar in the window seat.


Window seat in art/music room.


Ceiling in the bedroom.


Bay window in the bedroom.


Now for some fashion inspired
by architecture.



photo source
photo source


photo source
photo source

photo source




.."And I am nothing of a builder


But here I dreamt I was an architect 

And I built this balustrade 
To keep you home, to keep you safe 
From the outside world 
But the angles and the corners 
Even though my work is unparalleled 
They never seemed to meet 
This structure fell about our feet 
And we were free to go"...

- The Decemberists





22 comments:

  1. That IS a really freakin' cool building. And I love the fashion and architecture pictures! Such a cool idea! That red gown is STUNNING.

    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty building, it certaintly is unique!
    and i lvoe how youve compared buildings to garmetns. great comparisons!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lovely details and character of the windows! Lovely house! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The architecture inspired fashion is quite neat. also you house looks like it gets a lot of sun from all your large windows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That building feels like it belongs on a modern day fairytale set. Great find. And the Decemberists are a favorite!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.com
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh that building is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how fashion and architecture can coincide. Every time I see a crazy constructed building, I try to imagine what it would look like if the same shapes were applied to a dress ha. Your house looks amazing!
    And The Decemberists are one of my fave's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! what a cool and inspiring post! loved the architecture bit!

    StyleCeviche.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such inspiration, I love looking at beautiful and unique architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the windows and ceiling details in your house...nice!
    Um ok, so The DIRT--of course I've read it (a few times actually!); I don't call myself a crue fan having not read that book. (I might just be madly in love with nikki Sixx-ok so I am in love with him, not "might be").
    And um, you mentioned your birthday being on Tommy Lee's and Gwyn Stefani's bday??? So you're saying you're born on October 3rd? Guess who else is an Oct. 3rd baby???? THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really neat! Awesome job on the prompt. I really love the lanterns in your room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i looove the fashion architecture photos! such a great comparison of two different but totally related fields :)

    couturelust.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh that building is pretty!
    all down to the color :)
    your art/music ceiling looks lovely ;)

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that architecture inspired fashion!!! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great inspiration! Love the red dress/building comparison!

    GTBB,
    http://www.badjoan.com
    http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the examples of inspirations for those dresses!

    xx

    Have a nice day! :)

    www.sickbytrend.com

    sBt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that black twirly dress and building, so amazing!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great post... and really nice building... inspiration in all

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow this is such an awesome and unique post! I want to share it! awesome dresses inspired by buildings!

    haha

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, sorry for my late reply.
    Check out my new post if you have time :)

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words