Wednesday, September 12, 2012

put me in coach


I've never been much of an athlete.
I'd consider wearing these sort of sporty things.

Adidas Honey Gold Heart Sneakers

"Well, beat the drum and hold the phone -
 the sun came out today!


Adidas Longline Sweat Dress

We're born again, there's new grass on the field.


Adidas Collarless Jacket

A-roundin' third, and headed for home,
it's a brown-eyed handsome man;



Snoopy Baseball Tee

Anyone can understand the way I feel.
 

Dark Side Baseball Top


Oh, put me in, Coach -
  I'm ready to play today;

Put me in, Coach -  I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.

My nephew Speed Racer playing
 with his dad.
 
My nephew Speed Racer 

My niece Lil Bug

Well, I spent some time in the Mudville Nine,
watchin' it from the bench;


My niece EJ

You know I took some lumps
when the Mighty Casey struck out.
So Say Hey Willie, tell Ty Cobb and Joe DiMaggio;
Don't say "it ain't so", you know the time is now...




My nephew Baby JJ


Yes, I played softball.

Right photo: age 9  

Our team was in 2nd place.
I won best sportsmanship ribbon.
Left photo: age 8
Our team was in last place.

 Our coach said "Look Mean."
I didn't know he was joking,
 so I scowled at the camera.

 I'm still mad that I listened to him. :P


Tues. Aug 14:
I'm far too sensitive.
Sometimes I wish...
I've got a bulletproof heart.
I cry at the drop of a hat.
Right now, 
so hot it feels like it's melting into a puddle.

 Wed. Aug 15:   I snarl.



I haven't picked up my guitar in 11 days.
Today it feels like it's screaming at me from neglect.
Maybe I'll let it cry with/through my fingers.
 Aug. 14, 2012



My mom used to sing Centerfield by John Fogerty
I bet she'll deny it if you ask her though.

He's totally playing a baseball bat shaped guitar in this video.  :)



"Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat,
and brand-new pair of shoes;
You know I think it's time to give this game a ride.
Just to hit the ball and touch 'em all -
 a moment in the sun;
 It's gone and you can tell that one goodbye!"...
Centerfield by John Fogerty 

18 comments:

  1. Such great cozy clothes! Love those sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those adidas pieces.. I've always been into working out.. but not into the sporty-casual look though, for regular days... it's a hot trend right now.. I don't know if I could rock it.. but those sneakers I'm definitely digging...
    you should go play your guitar, she must be lonely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song & I actually really love those shoes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't touched the cello in 6 weeks. Maybe I'm not really into it. I am into that Snoopy shirt, though. Very cute! And Baby JJ- adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, how cool are those black and gold sneakers! I should check out Adidas' new collection some time soon :P and that Snoopy tee is adorable as well! gosh and I love your childhood photos! you should share those more often ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are seriously the cutest sneakers. I love so much that you play guitar! Get to it!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet sneakers but of course even sweeter nieces and nephews!!!! (As you can see, I follow an order so not to forget the points I want to comment!) I loved what you wrote about being too sensitive - I also wished, sometimes, to be less sensitive, but alas, I can't help it!
    You look AMAZING when playing softball! Really so so sweet!
    Now please play your guitar a bit and I bet you and the guitar will have a lt to cacth up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your nephews look adorable, and I was just thinking that the other day when I went to a sports check that Adidas has really stepped up their game. I havent bought a pair of runners for over 5 years and recently just bought a pair from them- I'm impressed with their latest wear!!

    and thanks for your comment on being single haha, it made me smile (after parents been nagging me about it lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. look at your cute little self playing softball! i love it! i also love that long sweatchirt dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg, i love that sweatshirt dress!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww!!! thats your new nephew?? he's so cute as the rest of them, I love them!! And you when 9 just so pretty!!! love this post!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. "look mean"? You had a great coach :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the athletic gear! i wanna try the wedge sneakers sometime. i really like that sporty jacket with the cute sequin shorts! that's something i would totally wear!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a good writer Teddi. I love the line from your journal about your guitar seeming to be screaming from neglect, and letting it cry through your fingers.

    I like the first outfit you posted, nice print and great colours. I could see baseball tees coming back in style someday, maybe for spring?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a toe tapping song Teddi. New nephew is really adorable. Congratulations. Hope all is well. Love the sporty look..
    I wear sneakers to work a lot. Coach sneakers that is...haha! Dawn suitcase vignettes xo. Enjoy the weekend. Get instagram so i can stalk you on the weekend. K?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg seriously loving those heart trainers - have already added it to my Christmas list!!!!
    And that snoopy tee is super cute :) Xx

    http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know how you feel. I am not athletic whatsoever. But I adore these sporty clothes! The sneakers are ridiculously cute, and I love that sweat dress. Patricularly those pockets!

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words