Monday, September 17, 2012

fractal

It's Inspiration Monday!
When the ladies of Two Birds Boutique chose an outfit to inspire a personal look.  
Here's my version.
My black netted overlay is thrifted.
Notice my guy's reflection in the window on the left. ;)

..."You know one me.
Just like I know one you.
 But you can't know every me...
 And I can't know every you"...
Every You, Every Me by David Levithan

Today's outfit inspiration is:
Eva Mendes
To see what others wore look here .

...If you zoom close-if you really get close to someone,
if you get really close to yourself-



then you lose the other person, you lose yourself entirely. You get so close you can't see anything anymore...
Every You, Every Me by David Levithan

Some of you have asked to see my tattoo.
That's why my blouse is pulled like that.

...Instead I thought of the word profile and what a weird double meaning. it had. 

We say we're looking at a person's profile online, or say a newspaper is writing,
 a profile on someone,


and we assume it's the whole them we're seeing.
But when a photographer takes a picture of a profile, you're only seeing half the face...

Every You, Every Me by David Levithan 

...it was like every picture brought out a slight variation. I wondered if it was just because it was a different moment, 



or maybe each photographer brought out a different you -you could not be who you were without  taking into account who was watching...Every You, Every Me by David Levithan

21 comments:

  1. Fun take girl! You look so cute! Beautiful tattoo too!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boots are SO cute!!! Xx

    http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I didn't know you have a tattoo.. what a lovely surprise because you know I adore tattoos :P
    and I also like your layered outfit. those brown leather accessories go very well with all the black pieces. and those boots are cute too!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teddi you look so cute... big hug for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha yes, I saw your husband

    does your tattoo has a meaning to you?

    i like your inspiration! love how the high bun looks on you :)

    xx
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are very desparately seeking susan right now and i love it. those boots are so cute and your hair looks so great pulled back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I have those boots? Love em. They are perfect with everything, especially with what you are wearing. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous! This outfit was made for you. Love the booties too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your interpretation. It's a super cute look on you.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your top knot is the BESST!!!! So Parisian chic! And your sweater is soooo cool! Love your style and sooooo rock n' roll!
    kisses
    xo Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, nice boots and the net is very mysterious and fun! I like the whole ensemble!! That's a really interesting point about the word 'profile', I'd never thought about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving the boho look on you.. I don't think I've seen you in black before, or at least that often, am I wrong?
    cool tattoo!
    I wanna get mine a.s.a.p!
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed the musings on the word profile- it really is just a slice, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outfit is more beautiful than what Eva wore! That is my opinion! I'll insire myself to create one like yours!
    Sweet tattoo, just like you, sweet!
    I loved the picture with the reflex, it's poetic! And the words of Every you and Every me - they are soooo real! So true!
    You look so beautiful, Teddi, on the inside and the outside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello dear Ted! Loved the outfit ...! you are very good in black and with her ​​hair pulled .. and I loved the booties! =)
    They are beautiful!
    I loved everything! great inspiration girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice outfit and I didn't know you have a tattoo, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The top is very cute !
    Love your tattoo:)

    http://www.mymymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So true about the word profile...hadn't thought about it in that way

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words