Friday, September 21, 2012

anne girl


“It is ever so much easier to be good if

your clothes are fashionable.”

― 
L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables
 
Fairy Floral Boots

 
“But really, Marilla, one can't stay sad 

very long in such an interesting world, can


Pastel Provencial Dress

“I can't cheer up — I don't want to cheer up.

It's nicer to be miserable!”
 

Ralph Lauren Lace Ruffle Top


 
“Do you think amethysts can be the

s
ouls of good violets?”

 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables


Joelle Long Striped Ralph Lauren Dress


“It's all very well to read about

sorrows and 
imagine yourself living

through them

heroically, but it's not so nice when you

really come to have them, is it?”

 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables


Ralph Lauren Blue Ruffle Detail Blouse



 "There are some people...that you can love right off...and there are others that you have to try very hard to love."

― 
L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables
 
Ralph Lauren Sheer Voile Blouse


"All I want is a dress with puffed sleeves."

 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables 


Dorothy Perkins Lace Top


"It's nicer to think dear, pretty thoughts
and keep them in one's heart, like
treasures."

― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables
 


My art journal page June 17, 2012:
about one of my favorite book and movie characters.
Anne Shirley



"It gives you a lovely, comfortable feeling to apologize and be forgiven, doesn't it?"


― 
L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

The image I drew from.


"No matter how hard I try to be good I

can never make such a success of it...

But don't you think the trying so hard

ought to count for something."


― 
L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables


Ralph Lauren Amaya Shirt


“One can't get over the habit of being a

little girl all at once."


― 
L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables  

   
This is me at age 8.
With my braided hair and dress,
 
I hadn't even heard of
 
Anne of Green Gables, back then.



“I'm not a bit changed--not really.

I'm only just pruned down and branched

out. The real ME--back here--is just the

same.”



19 comments:

  1. Love the floral boots and the Ralph Lauren shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch Anne of Green Gables on PBS after I met you and you told me about her. I am pretty sure my sister had a dress made out of the same fabric that your skirt was made out of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was actually one of the first things I ever watched with Daisy was the very same string of production from your clips. It was amazing that the producers waited for the actors to grow up to produce the later story.

    Daisy now found Road to Avonlea which is based on the same universe, the actress protraying Marillia makes a cameo and so does that lady who plays Rachel Lynde.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a lovely post, Teddi! your childhood photo is the cutest and I can see a lot of Ralph Lauren pieces here. my mom likes Ralph Lauren's fashion very much but I think they don't sell RL here in Estonia at all.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and clothes ! :)

    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this 19th century style ! The floral boots are amazing !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love Anne of Green Gables, and while that RL blouse is a stunning take on the school marm chic, I hope Victorian fashion does not come back into style in full force!

    You did a beautiful job capturing the wide-eyed innocence in your drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ted! Well .. I love clothes and I love Vintage clothes vitorianas.Eu went on an exhibition of Impressionism ... and I'm full of ideas' to make new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never watched that film because I've never had the chance to read that book and I can't watch movies before reading the book.. it's sinful!
    I must get my ass on it.. it's a classic isn't it?
    thanks for reminding me! :) I'm hitting amazon.com right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teddi! That is the most beautiful post I have ever read here! No joke, wow! I totally identified myself with Anne! I love the clothes! The boots! The art journal! And you look just like Anne! So sweet at 8 (and today too!)
    I'm so amazed, going to read it better (the book, I mean) now!
    Thanks for that and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are such an artist! love your drawing. i also loved all the pieces and quotes you picked! xx sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love Anne! I believe we are kindred spirits. You and I must be, too! I'm still getting into scrapes...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it really a shame (and a tragedy) that I have never seen Anne of Green Gables? I must make note to watch it sometime here on one of my college weekends!

    And thank you, Teddi, for all of the beautiful comments you leave on my blog :D They mean so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. im totally agree! hahahaha love every picture, your draw {youre an artist!!!} and also all the clothes from the film you chose, you should been paid for this!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the inspiration


    Emm
    Visit my blog at SPIN DIZZY FALL
    http://spindizzyfall.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your art is great..Your Anne is perfect in your own interpretation..You are a great artist.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at Anne Shirley. One of my favorite stories. Came across your blog from Everyday Is a holiday's art journaling class.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yesss I love these clothes and those boots are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words