Wednesday, June 27, 2012

all about shoes

The following words are NOT my story.
Office Wild West Floral

Woke up cold one Tuesday,
I'm looking tired and feeling quite sick,


Enigma Floral Oxford Bootie

I felt like there was something missing
 in my day to day life,

Floral Platform Slingbacks

So I quickly opened the wardrobe,
Pulled out some jeans and a T-Shirt that seemed clean,
 

Leopard Print Platform Sandals

Topped it off with a pair of old shoes, 

YSL Clara Cut-Out Booties


That were ripped around the seams,

And I thought these shoes just don't suit me.


LC Lauren Conrad Platform Dress Sandals


Hey, I put some new shoes on,

And suddenly everything is right,


SO Platform Wedge Sandals


I said, hey, I put some new shoes on
 and everybody's smiling,

It's so inviting,

My nephew wearing his daddy's shoes.

Oh, short on money,
But long on time,


My niece wearing her daddy's boots .

Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
And I'm running late,
And I don't need an excuse,
 'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes.
 

My nephew, Speed Racer
trying to put on his Aunt Teddi's shoes
Speed Racer's actual shoes


Woke up late one Thursday,
And I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes,
 
And I felt like there were two days missing,
As I focused on the time,
And I made my way to the kitchen,

 by local Texas artist Nancy Standlee


  But I had to stop from the shock of what I found,
 
A room full of all off my friends dancing round and round,

My art journal pagecreated with pens. 
 
It says: To find a dance partner
who can make you laugh,
share your secrets with,
and be a true friend is a treasure.


My art journal page
background is acrylic paint
on an old phone book yellow page.

The drawings were done with pens
It says: Bracelets I wore on Friday.
The shoes I wore, on May 26. 


And I thought hello new shoes,

Bye bye them blues. 
 


Take me wandering through these streets,
Where bright lights and angels meet,
Stone to stone they take me on,
I'm walking to the break of dawn.  
Take me wandering through these streets by Paolo Nutini

18 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Shoes make me happy :)

    xo,
    Courtney
    http://girlavantgarde.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the texan artist and your creation of the shoe collage. Floral shoes- I'd take any of those! :) How adorable are your neice and nephews in the big people shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos of your nephews in big shoes! Cute!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nephew is the cutest thing ever!!!
    xx
    Glass of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, way too many perfect shoes! if I could, I would take at least three pairs, maybe even more, haha, beautiful shoes are like an addiction. an expensive one unfortunately.
    anyway, I really enjoyed that post because I remember I used to totally love that song ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  6. new shoes can usually make me feel better. but pictures of cute kids in big shoes will always make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nephew is so cute! Love the two first pairs with flowers... amazing! :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your art! The cheeky expressions on the dancers' faces! The nephew in shoes is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to follow you! How can I do this!!!!!! I cannee see anything to click on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your niece and nephews are just adorable in the too big shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the floral print!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to own a lot of those shoes! I am sure I have told you this before, but your journaling, and your drawings are your best work! You are very creative, and they are beautiful
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have seriously pained me by posting photos of shoes! i love those floral ones, especially the booties! i want those now. thanks, Teddi.

    and how cute is it that kids love to wear adult shoes? it always cracks me up to see my kids stomping around in my hubbies flip flops or my sky high heels!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Teddi I love your dance partner drawing. That is a great collection of shoe images. I really like the slingbacks with florals and cork. And if you owned the B&W ones I could see you doing something really cool with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with those floral shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words