Monday, June 4, 2012

in bright sunlight

I posed for Inspiration Monday to link with
 
 Two Birds Boutique.
That would be me in front of the art museum.
Today's inspiration is 
Jenna Dewan-Tatum


...As you get older, it's nice to think you might have contributed some small piece of wisdom or know-how to someone, somewhere along the line...
from book 
Labor Day by Joyce Maynard

My mom made my earrings.

from book 
 Labor Day by Joyce Maynard 
...Until this moment, I hadn't understood, but now it came back to me, like a blast of cold air when you open the door in a snowstorm, 


My bracelets on my left.

or the heat from a five-hundred-degree oven when you open it back to check on-what else?- the pie.
It all came back to me... 
from book  Labor Day by Joyce Maynard


My purse and bracelet on my right.


from book  Labor Day by Joyce Maynard  
...What I have found is that a baby-though she doesn't know the words yet, or information, or the rules of life- is the most reliable judge of feelings.


My blouse is thrifted.


from book  Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
All a baby has which to take in the world are her five senses. 
My shoes are thrifted.

Hold her, sing to her, show her the night sky or a quivering leaf, or a bug.
 
from book  Labor Day by Joyce Maynard


Those are the ways-the only ways-she learns about the world- whether it is a safe and loving place, or a harsh one...
from book  Labor Day by Joyce Maynard





















from book 
 Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
What she will register, at least, will be the fact that she is not alone. And it has been my experience that when  you do this-slow down, pay attention, follow the simple instincts of love- a person is likely to respond favorably.

Labor Day by Joyce Maynard

It is generally true of babies, and most people too, perhaps. Also dogs. Hamsters even. And people so damaged by life in the world that there might seem no hope for them, only there may be...

from book 
 Labor Day by Joyce Maynard

20 comments:

  1. Great quotes! Thanks for putting the book on my radar!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always have the coolest bracelets! seeing those really makes me wonder why am I hiding my bracelets somewhere in the boxes.. summer is very close, so I must take them out! oh, and I also wanted to say how cute your thrifted shoes are :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book, not sure if it's my kind of book though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post Teddi, you look lovely in each picture :)
    aimee
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your natural accessories. your bracelets are great and i love your thrifted shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I would like to take credit I did not make those earrings I'm sure of it. Could have been your mama. Bu I didn't do it. Oh and by the way I LOVE YOU...... You should call me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good book!

    Love the print of your top and your purse is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this book, but like TS, I'd like to thank you for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for inspiration monday! i love love love that top! and how cute are your thrifted shoes. but the real stunners are those gorgeous earrings your mom made. isn't it fab to have mom's that make you jewelry!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we had a art museum in my town, or any kind of museum period. The closest thing we have is some cultural center.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the print of this blouse, and the colors too !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the picture in front of the art museum - by now you know how much I love museums!
    So some of your favorite people are Aquarians? Wow! Well, I guess Aquarians are non-conflict people, or at least the ones I know (except from one!) Like yesterday, a receptionist shouted at me, just because I entered a building and was looking for a paper before speaking to her. I told this to some people and they all told me "I would have shouted back!" I said, I'm not this way! Then I found what you posted and I agree with it: "follow the simple instincts of love- a person is likely to respond favorably".
    Thanks for your always lovely comments, they make my day when I find you wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. everything in your outfit is cute Teddi! nice inspiration :) the weather is so hot, right? light tops are the best option..

    happy wednesday,
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Teddi the quotes are great and I realy like the Dewan Tatum inspiration! ;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute shoes :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! So perfect and lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh...great blouse Teddi, I like the print, looks almost like a piece of Art...reminds me of my favorite artist, Henri Matisse. I like your chunky accessories too...:-) You have got lots of talented people around who made fabulous things for you!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Hold her, sing to her, show her the night sky or a quivering leaf, or a bug" - aww, I love that. I'm tryin' to figure out what the statue behind you is of, but can't figure it out, hehe. Awesome shirt!

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words