Thursday, November 18, 2010

marley...


I'm posting this because some people I know, and love will appreciate it. I saw this movie the other day. It's so precious. I haven't read the book yet, but I will as soon as I get a chance to borrow it, maybe at Christmas. Below are some quotes from the movie.

John Grogan: [To Marley] You know how we're always saying what a pain you are, you're the world's worst dog, don't believe it, don't believe it for one minute because you know we couldn't find a better dog, I love you, more than anything, you're a great dog, I love you
Arnie Klein: Sometimes life has a better idea. 
John Grogan: A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary? 
Jorge: Why are you laughing? 
Sebastian: I'm just very immature.
Jennifer Grogan: Hi guys, alright, say hello to Colleen! 
Conor: Daddy says her name is 'whoops'! 
Arnie Klein: Tell your dog not to worry, sooner or later we all lose our balls. 

 Colleen: I made a picture of me and Marley, Mommy wrote what I said Dear Marley I'll never forget you forever and there's kisses and hugs 
John Grogan: That's pretty, why don't you put it there 
[on the blanket covering Marley] 
Conor: Dear Marley I love you more than anything in the whole world, I hope you like heaven and have lots of things to chew on, your brother Connor Richard Grogan 
John Grogan: That's a good one. 

Jennifer Grogan: Patrick do you want to say something? 
Patrick: No. 
Jennifer Grogan: I want to give him something 
[takes off her necklace, to John] 
Jennifer Grogan: your Dad gave me this to celebrate the beginning of our family but our family had already begun 
[to Marley] 
Jennifer Grogan: goodbye clearance dog. 


Debby: There were 11 thunderstorms while you were gone, 11, you were right, he doesn't like them and just so you know I am a dog person but that is not a dog, that is evil with a dog face that humps my leg and is peeing on your carpet. 
Jennifer Grogan: Marley's not allowed to drink out of the toilet, you should just keep him out of the bathroom in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words