Sunday, August 28, 2011

my driving adventures


The following is a true story. I used when I guest posted for Sarah, from Atlantic Atlantis.









Note: that all photos here, were recreated for dramatic purposes.
This is my car. I know it's old, but it's paid for.
  




















I was running errands when, the traffic light turned red. I slammed on the brakes. 

Do you know where this is going? 

image source
In Texas, they have red light cameras. This means if you run a red light, the camera will take a photo of your car. Then they will send you a nice little ticket, in the mail, for $75.00. I've had 3 maybe 4 of these tickets, since I've moved here, 3 yrs. ago. Lovely, eh? 
source image
 Most of those tickets were at one spot, on different days, when I was turning right, on a red light. I'm not perfect, but I never got a red light ticket before, in all my yrs. of driving, in the other state I lived in. Just saying.

   The guy behind me, hits my car. My best option seemed to wait for the light to change, then pull off somewhere, & look at the damage.
Guy follows me to parking lot.

Guy:"Oh, sh#! I'm sorry. I'm on my way to a job interview." 

I look at my car, & there's no damage, (whew)!

Me: "It's fine. Don't worry about it. You'll do great at your interview. Have a nice day."

(I wonder what kind of job he was applying for, wearing a tank top that showed off his tattoos, & shorts.
I didn't ask
 
though).

Back in my car, 30-40 minutes later, waiting in line, for a train to pass.

Guess what happened? 


 Different guy,hits my car. No, I didn't slam on brakes! My car was completely stopped. Are you freaking kidding me?  This dude just backs his car up & acts like nothing happened. Note: I was still waiting for the train to finish zooming past. I decide it's probably no big deal. He didn't get out of his car. I didn't get out of mine. He just goes his merry way.

 What are the chances of one car, being hit twice, in one day?

book description & image source

Go to my friend's house, hrs. later. Traffic is bad, it takes an hr. & a half to pick her up, & go to store.
Where is everybody?

We were a week early, for our altered book project. I turned around, & back into the traffic we went. Yippee!
Wanna know who's gas light came on the way back, because she was low on fuel?
Welcome to my life.



   No, I didn't run out of gas.

19 comments:

  1. Teddi

    It was so good to see you again last night... I know this life too... :D take care and get some gas she

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, i hope you're ok! but what a funny story, hehe

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that's my biggest fear of either getting a ticket, or worst, being bumped into my car! so you live in texas right? lucky for us we don't have red light cameras...only speed ones.

    re your comment: yes, that last photo is where i live now, however it is much much modern. the church is just a reminder of older times...

    jos xx

    jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for commenting dear :)

    I love your blog, all contents are amazing <3
    follow me if you love to, and i'll follow you back :)

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that was a really bad day! i hate days like that man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jajajajaja ohhh... in my country should put ane of this red ligth cameras

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! I'm glad you are okay!! That's pretty ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey teddi,

    thanks for your comment and I thank you more for highlighting certain issues. I write in sarcastic ways, therefore I wasn't sure how people would take my words regarding the "anorexia" issue. In fact I was joking about it, and I editted that part so there won't be trouble into thinking that I'm promoting "being anorexic is good". so I'm sry if I sounded rude! and thanks again!

    jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, I am soooo glad you are fine!!

    It's terrible when people smash into the back of your car and take off like the second guy! Uergh. :(


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag
    Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no Teddi, that's awful but at least we can look back and tell a story because of it! I'm so shocking I've been on my Learner's for about five years!!

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    talking blogger bullying

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg thank you, that is the sweetest comment ive ever read. btw i cant seem to find your followers gadget, how to follow you back?

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so funny story...Hope you are ok my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adventure! What are the odds??

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://kariyah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. teddi this is my fave post so far! not that your bad experience made me laugh, but you just make it sound so funny!! i'm glad ur okay and nothing happened! now you have a new experience to tell everyone: being hit twice in one day? wow!

    you look cute in your outfit btw!

    happy week dear,
    http://www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you so much for your comment!
    nice post!
    zizi
    www.zizibloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely blog!Come to visit mine too :)

    WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wooow, you are looking really cute! ;)
    I hope you're okay!



    xoxo
    Antonia

    FASHION IMPERATIVE

    ReplyDelete
  18. auch
    sounds like you had such a bad day
    hopefully days ahead will be better

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words