Monday, March 22, 2010

O' Keeffe





quotes by Georgia O' Keeffe

..."I tried to paint what I saw... I thought someone would tell me how to paint a landscape... they told me how to paint their landscape not mine"...

..."The Black Place, think of calling it the grey place"...






..."I had not remembered how beautiful it is-it seemed to revive something in me that had gone to sleep"...

..."Well you would laugh at us...we got there... in the light of low setting sun...something dead but startlingly alive...as I sit here in the car... I can sit here bare footed and nothing bites me... A kiss."

..."It is a place where the white earth is washed into all fantastic shapes-tall cliffs-pillars and sometimes it looks like long folds of white drapery dropping out of the sky. There are miles of it"...

..."When I got to New Mexico that was mine. As soon as I saw it that was my country. It fit me exactly"...

Since this was at the Cowgirl Museum, I decided to add extra photos of that plus included their definition of the spirit of the cowgirl.

..."Believing you can do it, you can succeed. You have to, it's your desire."...

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words