Saturday, March 24, 2012

now & then


Although I don't own any of these things,
I would wear them now,
to create one outfit.


Woven Cotton Cuffed Boots
Lace Sleeved Blouse
Lace Skirt
Recycled Blue Jean Denim Purse  
Recycled Card Trick Earrings















While above I featured the colors red & blue,
 in a dream outfit of now.



This is what Little Me wore then.
It's a complete outfit of red & blue.

I was in my childhood front yard.
I was in California.
I do NOT remember that doll.

While I'm thinking of  Now and Then
,
Have you seen this cute movie from 1995?
Now and Then

Samantha
: When you're 12, without effort, you live in the moment. You don't regret the past or worry about the future, and in that moment, Teeny filled my heart with hope and comfort 



Samantha
: Thomas Wolfe once said you can't go home again. Well, that's great for old Tom. But he wasn't a chick who made a pact with her friends when she was twelve to get together whenever any one of them needed each other. So here I am driving back to my childhood home in Indiana a place I can tell you I never wanted to see again. 
Samantha: I guess a promise is a promise. Sure looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking. 


Teeny: It's normal for things to be $h!tty 

[after Roberta punches Chrissy in the arm
Chrissy: Ow! That hurt. 
Roberta: Yea, well, you deserved it fart-@$s!
 
 


Vietnam Veteran: I'm going to tell you something i wish someone would have told me when I was your age. 
Chrissy: Oh yeah? What's that? 
Vietnam Veteran: Your parents aren't always right. 
Samantha: No $h!t.  



Samantha: As we grow older, it becomes difficult to just believe. It's not that we don't want to, but too much has happened and we can't.
 


Samantha
: We all used to try so hard to fit in. We wanted to look exactly alike, do all the same things, practically be the same person, but when we weren't looking that all changed.



Young Samantha Albertson: Mr. Kent? 
Bud: Oh please, call me Bud. 
Young Samantha Albertson: Bug? 
Bud: No, Bud, B-U-D. Bud. 
Young Samantha Albertson: Oh. Well, BuD, you have a piece of food stuck in your teeth.


Roberta: I think you'll make a great mum Chrissy, a little overbearing and rigid, but by the grace of God the kid will come out relativity unharmed, if not there's always therapy. 
Samantha: This whole baby thing baffles me, I mean you have it, you raise it, you inevitably screw it up, it resents you, feels guilty for resenting you and then it has a baby, which only perpetuates the vicious cycle. 
Roberta: Thank you, Oscar The Grouch.




Samantha: He said something that didn't mean as much then as it does now...
 He told me that things happen in life that you can't stop but it wasn't a reason to shut out the world... 

Samantha: Wow... I realize that... I've been so afraid of the bad things that um... That I've missed out on the good... You know I didn't wanna come back here... But I'm really glad I did... I'd forgotten how much it helped to have you guys as friends... I'm really lucky to have this place... and each other.. 

24 comments:

  1. I'd love to wear your old blue and red outfit! Although maybe not the doll, cos I reckon society would dictate that to be a liiittle bit creepy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, those card trick earrings are gorgeous. Have not seen the movie but love the outfits on the girls sitting next to each other...have a great day! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt! I can't believe I've never heard of that movie- it's star packed!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  4. though I haven't seen the movie I recognized Christina Ricci right away. I like her old movies.
    and that lace skirt.. I think it's the perfect skirt.
    your childhood fashion is adorable btw ;)

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for triggering a memory! The title of the movie didn't ring a bell until I saw the photo...it WAS cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen that movie, but it looks interesting! Maybe I will have a girl night and watch it haha
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that film, if only i had that stripy top that would be cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww - you were such a darling kid!

    Also, you've won my Shabby Apple giveaway! Yay! Please email me at
    fabulosityfactor@yahoo.com
    and I can give you the details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were so cute!!! Love the little booties and the recycled denim bag you picked out) And i must watch that movie! I must!

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lace skirt, and Now and Then was one of my favourite movies as a teen!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh, I didn#t watch the movie... but it seems to be so sweet!
    I loved the woven cotton boots and the earrings, also the top and the skirt - but anyway, you said you don't have these items, so maybe time to buy/thrift them? They are lovely!
    As for the jeans bag, I have one from a pair of old jeans! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The skirt is so lovely. Btw, I updated my links. Take a look ;)

    Love
    /S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want those boots! They are beyond adorable.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely skirt. :3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ted you as always very kind! This post is very interesting, I was here looking at your picture and thinking that I do not remember the doll .. heheheheh ...
    I love those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that lace skirt is absolutely adorable! and i'm in love with that now & then movie. best thing ever when they steal the boys clothes while they are swimming. ha
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is that Rosie O'Donnell? Too funny! I love that photo of you as a kid- you still have the same pretty smile :) How much do I love that lace skirt?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The lace skirt is gorgeous! I've never heard of the movie, but I did quite enjoy some of those quotes.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute red and blue outfit you were wearing as a little girl. I like those upcycling ideas, they are causing my hands to "itch", great refashion inspirations. Thanks for sharing.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my goodness I LOVE that movie. it has a lot of lessons in it and I loved the nostalgic feel it gave me. I wish so badly I grew up in the 60's/70's!


    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  21. It must be time for Now & Then! We just posted about them too!!! Gotta love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words