Monday, October 26, 2009

the bravery

I like a handful of their songs, but I've never been able to listen to a whole album all the way through. It was so hot and stuffy. The ice cubes were not helping. I was suffocating. We listened to 5-6 or so before I had to get out. I thought I was gonna pass out. I needed to sit. Backache, stomach cranked, fevers in and out for days. Too weak to climb to the balcony. So we sit on the cold cement stairs and he waits. Are you disappointed? He tells me No he realizes their music all has the same tempo. He likes it scattered in a playlist among other songs. He's seen enough. I explain I tried to warn you. We wait 4 songs or so. I say if I don't like the next song is it ok if we go? Then I hear the singer start the intro talking about the Outsiders and I know he's gonna play my song, "Time Won't Let Me Go". When the singer said the profound effect that book had on him when he read it in 4th grade, and I think 4th grade? I was in 7th.

So we go back in to listen to that beautiful, wonderful song! Then we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words