Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh, Mexico

I've written about some of the people we met in Mexico. There are many I haven't mentioned. The workers down at the pool.The very nice maids we met in both hotels and exchanged stories with.
The maid who found my lipstick I'd lost in the hotel room.
There were lots of kind people in the restaurants who gave us free dessert, or breakfast, etc. to help us enjoy our visit.
There was an Italian restaurant we ate at nearly everyday. We knew the servers by name. One of the guys had lived in California. He was supposed to be in a gang, but he wasn't.
There was someone who had left a child in America. I could tell it broke that person's heart.
There were those that tried to help us when we had laundry drama & couldn't get the machines to work.
There was a cab driver named after a holiday. 

There was also guy who told us there used to be more mariposas (butterflies), but the development of the city decreased them. I was looking at the butterflies and thinking of the monarch migration.
We were stuck in the Houston airport for about six hours. We were one hour's flight away from the DFW airport, but there were tornado warnings. DFW airport was closed. My friend and I made the best of our delay, and played games.

James Taylor Mexico Lyrics:
Way down here you need a reason to move,
Feel a fool runnin' your stateside games.
Lose your load, leave your mind behind, Baby James.
((Woh, Mexico, it sounds so simple I just got to go.))
((The sun's so hot I forgot to go home.))
Guess I'll have to go now.

Americano got the sleepy eye,
But his body's still shakin' like a live wire.
Sleepy senorita with the eyes on fire.
((Woh, Mexico, it sounds so sweet with the sun sinkin' low.))
((The moon's so bright, like to light up the night,))
((Make everything all right.))

Baby's hungry and the money's all gone,
The folks back home don't want to talk on the phone.
She gets a long letter, sends back a postcard, times are hard.
((Woh, down in Mexico,))
((I never really been so I don't really know.))
((Woh-oh-oh-oh, Mexico.)) I guess I'll have to go.
((Woh, Mexico, I never really been,))
((But I'd sure like to go.))
((Then woh-oh-oh-oh, Mexico.))
I guess I'll have to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words