Tuesday, July 27, 2010

potato peel society



We had our book club at a Southern style cafe. Which was chosen because they served pie. I had some sopapilla cheesecake, sounds bizarre, thus my appeal to it (cinnamon cheesecake delight). I ordered breaded and deep fried okra (which was actually quite good). I also got some mac and cheese (which wasn't). I took one bite of the processed mac & cheese and said no thank you I'll pass (gag me). I thought it was going to be Southern style casserole baked with REAL cheese (um nope). My girl ordered a sandwich and onion rings and the reason why I took a photo is when they delivered it they dropped an onion ring. So they had one specially made and delivered on a small plate. I thought it was funny. I remember for a Summer, I was a server (worst job ever, just call me slave). I spilled a glass of ice water on a lady while trying to carry or remove it from tray (classy eh?). Her guy felt sorry for me, and later palmed me extra $ that wasn't on table for tip. I felt horrible about the whole thing. Suckiness indeed! What I like about book club is hearing other people's thoughts or ideas on reading subject matter. It reminds me of what I liked when I attended college, 100 yrs. ago. Here's my favorite quote from the book ..."It is so small a thing to have enjoyed the sun, to have lived in the spring, to have loved, to have thought, to have done, to have advanced true friends? It isn't."...
I recognized my full maiden name listed in book except book character was a guy so his named ended in y when mine ends in i.

1 comment:

  1. I have this book! i havent read it yet. When you read these do you read them with the english accent in your head?

    Are you on goodreads? xo

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words