Sunday, July 25, 2010

dream day


Yesterday my girl and I took the Dream Day art class. We got lost on the way. I got to see friends I hadn't seen in over a year. I don't know why I didn't get shots of everyone and all their work. I was so focused on my own, I guess. I did make some creative break through discoveries. I didn't even get a picture of my girl's finished piece. Mine isn't quite done yet. That's why it's a no show. We got to see some new art. We got to meet some new people. We learned some new techniques. Johanna was the perfect host and teacher, in her low key and cool manner. She allowed us to explore our own way. We listened to the Beatles and Earth Wind and Fire. The food was prepared by the divine Nicole. I told her she should start a cake business with the slogan "It looks professional, but it tastes homemade." The chocolate cake was like a hostess ding dong, but better. You know chocolate on the outside, chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, a hint of raspbery, and cool whip cream layered in the middle complimented by the fresh strawberries. My lunch was french bread with pecan nut and rice crackers, slices of gouda and feta cheese with hummus and cherry tomatoes. It was kind of a dream day.











No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words