Monday, July 28, 2008

Ridglea FW Concert

We went to an all day concert. It was no Warped tour, that's for sure.



There was a teenager who sang alone just him and his guitar. What courage to write and share his own music with no band. The last song he used his keyboard. He was disheartened because they changed his time slot, and his family couldn't be there.

One of the ladies said, "We'll be your family." Then the kid pointed to each person and said, "Ok you can be my Aunt Sherry, you girls can be my cousins, some more cousins, my uncle..." Last of all he pointed to John and he said, "And you look like my stepdad. I HATE YOU!!!" It was hilarious. I was the only person he didn't point to. So does that mean I got to be his mom? (AGHH! I'll pass).

We got exposed to some new music, which was the whole point. This one kid leaped off the stage doing the splits. This other kid was an amazing guitar player. I was sitting in the front row watching those fingers fly with speed and skill. There was a Stryper banner with their autographs and some biblical murals on the walls. Um, we didn't know that's what it was going to be. And on a Sunday no less.
..."listen. Can you hear it? The music. I can hear it everywhere. In the wind.. In the air... In the light. It's all around us. All you have to do is open yourself up. All you have to do... is LISTEN..." from the movie August Rush
..."No, I don't want to do that. I want to stay passionate. I want to scream at rock concerts, and get angry at the news, and I want to wear mini skirts." "You're going to look ridiculous."
"Yeah, well, when enough people are ridiculous, it starts to look normal."
from the movie I Could Never Be Your Woman by Amy Heckerling

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words